Vehicle industry (repair, service and retail)
Comparative schedules for a range of key awards in the vehicle industry (repair, service and retail) are intended to assist parties to awards and the Australian Industrial Relations Commission in the award modernisation process. Other federal pre-reform awards (federal awards) and NAPSAs may be relevant when creating a modern award in a particular industry.
A federal award (often applying on a common rule basis) has been selected as the 'main award' in each industry for convenience. This award is listed first in the comparative schedules and other federal awards and NAPSAs have been compared to it.
At this stage only limited provisions in NAPSAs have been compared in a number of the schedules.
Provisions relating to scope and incidence, matters that may be included in modern awards pursuant to s.576J of the Workplace Relations Act 1996, as well as provisions relevant to the National Employment Standards, are contained in the following downloadable schedules.
The content of the schedules does not purport to comprehensively reflect all entitlements under an instrument but are shown for comparative purposes only. Links to the full text of clauses appear throughout the schedules.
Unless otherwise indicated, all files are in Microsoft Excel (xls) format. Please Note: The spreadsheets are designed to be printed on A3 size paper.
Inquiries or feedback regarding the schedules should be addressed to Brendan Hower, Modern Awards Project Team, on 03 8661 7637 or email email@example.com.
- Adults—Pre-reform awards & NAPSAs
- Apprentices—Pre-reform awards & NAPSAs
- Juniors—Pre-reform awards & NAPSAs
- Trainees—Pre-reform awards & NAPSAs
- Monetary—Pre-reform awards & NAPSAs
- Detailed information—Pre-reform awards & NAPSAs (doc)
- Summary information—Pre-reform awards & NAPSAs (doc)
- Annual leave—Pre-reform awards & NAPSAs
- Community service leave—Pre-reform awards & NAPSAs
- Consultation, representation, dispute settling—Pre-reform awards & NAPSAs
- Hours of work—Pre-reform awards & NAPSAs
- Overtime—Pre-reform awards & NAPSAs
- Parental leave—Pre-reform awards & NAPSAs
- Penalty rates—Pre-reform awards & NAPSAs
- Personal leave—Pre-reform awards & NAPSAs
- Public holidays—Pre-reform awards & NAPSAs
- Superannuation—Pre-reform awards & NAPSAs
- Termination & redundancy—Pre-reform awards & NAPSAs
- Type of employment (full-time, part-time, casual, etc.)—Pre-reform awards & NAPSAs
Awards used in comparisons
- List of relevant awards (doc)
Last updated: 18 February 2009