The Fair Work Commission has today published an updated version of our Enterprise agreements benchbook.
The benchbook has been designed to help parties who are bargaining for, and making, an enterprise agreement.
The benchbook contains plain English summaries of the key principles of bargaining and agreement making case law and how these have been applied in Commission decisions.
The updated version incorporates information about:
- loaded rates in enterprise agreements
- the powers of the Commission in relation to approving agreements with minor procedural or technical errors
- making compliant agreement applications
- recent case law including:
- the explanation of terms of an agreement (One Key decision)
- casual employees’ voting rights (Manly Fast Ferry decision), and
- genuine new enterprises for greenfields agreements (CPB Contractors & John Holland decision)
The new version of the Enterprise agreements benchbook is currently available as a downloadable PDF (with an online version under development).