|FAIR WORK COMMISSION|
Fair Work Act 2009
cl.48 of Schedule 1—Variations to modern awards
Casual terms award review 2021
FOOD, BEVERAGE AND TOBACCO MANUFACTURING AWARD 2020
Food, beverage and tobacco manufacturing industry
VICE PRESIDENT HATCHER
SYDNEY, 27 SEPTEMBER 2021
Fair Work Amendment (Supporting Australia’s Jobs and Economic Recovery) Act 2021 – casual amendments – review of modern awards – Food, Beverage and Tobacco Manufacturing Award 2020 – award varied.
A. Pursuant to clause 48 of Schedule 1 to the Fair Work Act 2009 and the decision issued by the Full Bench on 27 September 2021 [ FWCFB 6008], the above award is varied as follows:
1. By inserting the following definition in clause 2 in alphabetical order:
casual employee has the meaning given by section 15A of the Act.
2. By removing the entire reference to clause 10.8(j) appearing in clause 7.3(a).
3. By deleting clause 10.1.
4. By renumbering clauses 10.2 to 10.8 as clauses 10.1 to 10.7.
5. By inserting the word “and” after the semicolon at the end of clause 10.6(b).
6. By deleting the word “; and” appearing in clause 10.6(c) and inserting “.”.
7. By deleting clause 10.6(d).
8. By deleting clause 10.7 and inserting the following:
10.7 Offers and requests for casual conversion
Offers and requests for conversion from casual employment to full-time or part-time employment are provided for in the NES.
NOTE: Disputes about offers and requests for casual conversion under the NES are to be dealt with under clause 33—Dispute resolution.
9. By deleting clause 10.9.
10. By updating the cross references accordingly.
B. This determination comes into operation and takes effect on 27 September 2021.
Printed by authority of the Commonwealth Government Printer