|FAIR WORK COMMISSION|
Fair Work Act 2009
s.157, s.160 and cl.48 of Schedule 1—Variations to modern awards
Casual terms award review 2021
NOTE PRINTING AUSTRALIA AWARD 2016
Banking finance and insurance industry
VICE PRESIDENT HATCHER
SYDNEY, 27 SEPTEMBER 2021
Fair Work Amendment (Supporting Australia’s Jobs and Economic Recovery) Act 2021 – casual amendments – review of modern awards – Note Printing Australia Award 2016 – award varied.
A. Pursuant to s.157, s.160 and clause 48 of Schedule 1 to the Fair Work Act 2009 and the decision issued by the Full Bench on 27 September 2021 [ FWCFB 6008], the above award is varied as follows:
1. By deleting the words “casual worker is an employee who is engaged and paid by the hour” appearing in clause 3.1.
2. By inserting the following definition in clause 3.1 in alphabetical order:
casual employee has the meaning given by section 15A of the Act.
3. By deleting clause 11.1.
4. By renumbering clauses 11.2 to 11.5 as clauses 11.1 to 11.4.
5. By deleting the word “hourly” appearing in clause 11.1.
6. By inserting new clause 11.5 as follows:
11.5 Offers and requests for casual conversion
Offers and requests for conversion from casual employment to full-time or part-time employment are provided for in the NES.
NOTE: Disputes about offers and requests for casual conversion under the NES are to be dealt with under clause 9—Dispute resolution.
7. By updating the cross references accordingly.
B. This determination comes into operation on 27 September 2021. Paragraphs 1-5 and 7 of this determination take effect on 27 September 2021. Paragraph 6 of this determination does not take effect in relation to a particular employee until the start of the employee’s first full pay period that starts on or after 27 September 2021.
Printed by authority of the Commonwealth Government Printer