| FWCFB 2428|
|FAIR WORK COMMISSION|
STATEMENT AND DIRECTIONS
Fair Work Act 2009
s.157—FWC may vary etc. modern awards if necessary to achieve modern awards objective
Application by the Australian Industry Group
JUSTICE ROSS, PRESIDENT
MELBOURNE, 8 MAY 2020
Application to vary the Fast Food Industry Award 2010 to achieve the modern awards objective – directions.
 This statement concerns an application to vary the Fast Food Industry Award 2010 (MA000003) (the Fast Food Award) filed by Ai Group on Friday 1 May 2020 (the Application).
 The Application seeks to insert a new Schedule – Schedule H: Award flexibility during the COVID-19 pandemic – into the Fast Food Award. Schedule H is expressed to operate for a period of 3 months.
 At the request of the parties, the Commission’s consideration of the application was expedited. A hearing was held on 5 May 2020 and the transcript is available here.
 Further to the hearing, on Thursday, 7 May 2020 Ai Group advised it would be in a position to file evidentiary material in support of its claim by 5pm Tuesday, 12 May 2020.
 Accordingly, we make the following directions:
1. The Applicants or any party supporting the application is to file submissions and evidentiary material including witness statements, by 5pm Tuesday, 12 May 2020.
2. Any party opposing the application is to file submissions and evidentiary material by 5pm Wednesday, 13 May 2020.
3. Parties wishing to cross-examine any witness are to advise email@example.com by 12pm Thursday, 14 May 2020.
4. This matter will be listed for hearing at 9am Friday, 15 May 2020.
5. Parties are to provide contact details for the hearing and those of any witnesses required for cross-examination to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm Thursday, 14 May 2020.
6. All submissions and evidence are to be sent in word format to email@example.com.
Printed by authority of the Commonwealth Government Printer