Single or multi-enterprise agreements
Only a bargaining representative can apply for the approval of a single or multi-enterprise agreement.
This means that the application can be lodged by:
- an employer covered by the agreement
- a bargaining representative for the employer
- a bargaining representative for an employee,
- an employee organisation (such as a union).
Multi-enterprise agreements that are greenfields agreements
An application to approve a multi-enterprise agreement that is a greenfields agreement can only be made by either:
- an employer covered by the agreement, or
- a relevant union covered by the agreement.
Single-enterprise agreements that are greenfields agreements
This does not apply to a proposed single-enterprise agreement that is a greenfields agreement made by lodgment after the end of notified negotiation period.
 Fair Work Act 2009 s.185(1).
 Fair Work Act s.185(1A).