You can apply to the Commission to stop sexual harassment at work using Form F72.
On this page:
What you need before you start
Have this information ready before you begin.
You will need to tell us:
- your contact details
- your representative's contact details (if you have a representative)
- your employer's (or principal's) details, including a contact person and their direct contact details
- details of the person or people named as sexually harassing you (the person named)
- what the person named is doing, or has done, and when
- why there is a risk that the conduct will continue
- whether you have reported the behaviour to anyone else
- what you would like to happen.
Remember that we will give a copy of your application form and any documents you send to us to the employer (or principal) and any persons named as having engaged in sexual harassment. They will be asked to respond. They will see your name, contact details and any personal information (including sensitive information) you choose to send us, unless a Commission Member has decided it should be confidential.
If you are not sure what to include or whether you should provide any documents to support your claim, contact us.
If you want to send us information that is confidential, you can apply for confidentiality orders (see Keeping the case confidential for more information). A Commission Member will decide if orders should be made to keep some or all of your information confidential.
Apply for an order to stop sexual harassment
Use Form F72 to apply for an order to stop sexual harassment if you:
- are a worker in a constitutionally-covered business*
- have been sexually harassed at work
- want the Commission’s help to stop sexual harassment.
Note: the same form is used for workers applying for orders to stop bullying at work. You can use the form for bullying, sexual harassment, or both. You can use the form if you only want to apply for orders to stop sexual harassment and there is no bullying involved.
Link to application form
Pay the application fee
You need to pay a fee when you apply to the Commission. The fee is $77.80.
If you apply online, you can pay using a credit card. If you email or post your application, we will contact you about payment.
We will not process your application until you pay the fee.
You may not have to pay a fee if this would cause serious financial hardship. Apply for a waiver using Form F80 – Waiver of application fee.
After you submit the form
Once we receive your application, a staff member will call you to discuss it.
The Commission will also send a copy of your application to:
- each person named in the application as engaging in sexual harassment
- each employer (or principal) named in the application
- any lawyer or paid agent who has told us they are involved in your case.
What happens next
Once we receive a response to your application, a Commission Member will consider it and decide the next steps.
This can include:
- trying to resolve the case using conciliation
- a conference or hearing.
We will let you know what to do next. Make sure you check your phone and email regularly so that we can contact you about the case.