Use Form F5 to apply for security for costs in unfair dismissal cases. You should apply before we issue a decision in the case.
On this page:
Who can use this form
Only use this form if you:
- are an applicant or respondent in an unfair dismissal case
- want security for costs before the Commission decides the case.
Before you start
Have this information ready before you begin. You will need to tell us:
- your details
- your organisation's details (if you are applying on behalf of an organisation)
- your representative's details, such as a lawyer or paid agent (if you are using one)
- the details of the person or business you are claiming security for costs against
- their representative's details (if they have one)
- the Commission case (matter) number and details
- the names of both the applicant and the respondent in the matter
- your reasons ('grounds') for applying
- the amount you are asking for.
What happens next?
You must send (serve) a copy of your application to the person or business you are asking for the order against.
We will consider the application. The Commission normally does not make orders for security of costs before conciliation.