Awards and enterprise agreements explain what to do if you have a dispute about your terms and conditions. In some cases, you can apply to us for help with the dispute.
1. Find your award or agreement
You can also find agreements on this website. You may need to know the legal name of the business, which can be different from its ‘trading as’ name.
2. Check the procedure
It's important to check your award or agreement before you ask us for help. Find the ‘dispute resolution procedure’ in your award or agreement so you understand the process to follow. The process is not the same for all.
- Many awards and agreements ask you to resolve the problem by talking to your employer first.
- Some awards and agreements allow you to apply to us for help.
3. Apply to us for help
Ask us for help only if the dispute resolution term says you can.
Employees who are covered by an award or agreement can apply using Form F10. This includes casual employees with a dispute about converting from casual to permanent employment.
After you apply, common actions are:
- a mediation session
- a conciliation discussion
- the Commission Member issues an opinion or recommendation.