If you need help with a process or an application, contact us. Our role includes creating awards, approving enterprise agreements and helping with disputes in the workplace.
On this page:
As an independent tribunal, we cannot give you legal advice. Find out Where to get legal help.
Common topics we can help with:
- claims about job loss or dismissal
- disputes about bullying or discrimination
- disputes about sexual harassment at work
- disputes about other rights under ‘general protections’
- agreements and the bargaining process
- applications to make or change awards
- decisions the Commission has made
- how to submit a claim.
Have you come to the right place?
If your enquiry relates to the topics below, the following organisations can help:
- for award coverage, pay, leave and other entitlements please contact the Fair Work Ombudsman
- for tax (individuals and business), superannuation and the JobMaker scheme please contact the Australian Taxation Office
- for workplace health and safety please contact Safework Australia.
Services that may be able to offer legal help can be found on the Where to find legal help page.
Send an online enquiry
We aim to answer your enquiry within 5 business days. If you have been dismissed and you think it’s unfair or discriminatory, you may be able to start a case at the Commission. There is a 21-day time limit to apply. Please don’t wait for us to respond if it means your application will be late. See job loss and dismissal for more information.
Contact us by phone
Call 1300 799 675 within Australia between 9 am and 5 pm (local time), Monday to Friday. We are closed on public holidays.
If you are overseas, call +61 293 081 808 between 9 am and 5 pm (AEST/AEDT), Monday to Friday. Your service provider will charge its international rate for calls from overseas.
We try to answer all calls within 10 minutes. You may need to wait longer at busy times.
Media representatives: contact details are on our Media enquiries and access page.
Out of hours industrial action applications
We only accept out of hours calls for urgent industrial action applications: 0438 244 996.
Write, visit or email us
We have offices in the capital city of each state and territory, plus a regional office in New South Wales. Hearings and conferences take place at those office addresses.
Please do not come to our offices if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or the flu, even if your symptoms are mild.
See details for the office in your state or territory.
- Australian Capital Territory (Canberra)
- New South Wales (Sydney and Newcastle)
- Northern Territory (Darwin)
- Queensland (Brisbane)
- South Australia (Adelaide)
- Tasmania (Hobart)
- Victoria (Melbourne)
- Western Australia (Perth)
Contact a Commission Member
We will tell you which Member is dealing with the case you are part of. To contact the Member, use the email address for their room ('chambers') on the information we send you.
This may look like firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
You can also find them on the list of chambers email addresses.
If you are living with a hearing, sight or speech impediment and need help, please contact us. See Accessibility for more information.
Feedback and complaints
To provide feedback or make a complaint about services, processes, staff or Commission Members, see Feedback and complaints.