The administrative arm of the Fair Work Commission is organised into four branches. Each branch is responsible for a different area of our operations.
Client Services Branch
The Client Services Branch is responsible for:
- managing our public counters, application processing and file preparation
- filing fees and refunds for unfair dismissal matters
- general inquiries
- maintaining our internal case management system
- processing and conciliation of dismissal applications
- processing and conciliation of bullying applications
- producing internal case management reports, and
- publishing the Commission’s legal documents, such as decisions and orders.
The Director of the Client Services Branch is Louise Clarke. She can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.
Corporate Services Branch
The Corporate Services Branch is responsible for the Commission's:
- media and communications
- governance reporting
- legal requirements
- information and communications technology
- human resources, and
- financial management, resources and payroll.
The Director of the Corporate Services Branch is Ailsa Carruthers. She can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regulatory Compliance Branch
The Regulatory Compliance Branch acts as the regulator of organisations that are registered under the Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act 2009 (unions and employer organisations) and regulates:
- registration of organisations under the Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act 2009
- registered organisations’ finances and financial administration
- conduct of elections for office holders
- organisations' rules, and
- granting of right of entry and WHS entry permits to union officials.
The branch’s regulatory enforcement role includes conducting inquiries and investigations into compliance by registered organisations with the requirements under the Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act 2009 and registered rules.
The Director of the Regulatory Compliance Branch is Chris Enright. He can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.
Tribunal Services Branch
The Tribunal Services Branch:
- provides administrative support to the Members of the Commission
- coordinates arbitration hearings for unfair dismissal matters
- maintains a specialist workplace relations library
- ensures the Commission meets its recordkeeping obligations
- undertakes research for Commission Members
- co-ordinates Commission briefings and events.
The Director of the Tribunal Services Branch is Murray Furlong. He can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.