The tribunal is headed by a President. The administrative arm of the Commission is overseen by the General Manager. It is organised into 5 branches. Each branch is responsible for a different area of our operations.
The President of the Fair Work Commission is responsible for overseeing the work of the tribunal and its Members.
The President is Justice Adam Hatcher.
See Members & case allocations for more information about how the work of the tribunal is managed.
The General Manager is a statutory appointee who assists the President of the Fair Work Commission and oversees the administration of Commission staff. They are assisted by an Executive team.
The General Manager is Murray Furlong.
- Executive Director, Client Services Delivery Branch: Kate Scarlett
- Executive Director, Communications, Legal and Integrity Branch: Patrick McCarthy
- Executive Director, Enabling Services: Jack Lambalk
- Executive Director, Registered Organisations Services Branch: Chris Enright
- Executive Director, Tribunal Support Branch: Joelle Leggett
Client Services Delivery Branch
The Client Services Delivery Branch is responsible for:
- managing our public counters, application processing and file preparation
- filing fees and refunds for unfair dismissal, general protections, bullying and some sexual harassment cases
- general enquiries
- processing and conciliation of dismissal applications
- processing and conciliation of bullying applications, and
- case management of bargaining-related applications.
The Executive Director of the Client Services Delivery Branch is Kate Scarlett. She can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.
Communications, Legal and Integrity Branch
The Communications, Legal and Integrity Branch is responsible for the Commission's:
- media and communications
- legal requirements, and
- publication of legal documents, such as decisions and orders.
The Executive Director of the Communications, Legal and Integrity Branch is Patrick McCarthy. He can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enabling Services Branch
The Enabling Services Branch is responsible for the Commission's:
- governance reporting
- information and communications technology, including maintaining our internal case management system
- human resources
- financial management, resources and payroll
- specialist workplace relations library, and
- recordkeeping obligations.
The Executive Director of the Enabling Services Branch is Jack Lambalk. He can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.
Registered Organisations Services Branch
The Registered Organisations Services Branch is responsible for:
- managing registration
- right of entry permits, and
- providing education, assistance and advice to ensure compliance.
The Executive Director of the Tribunal Support Branch is Chris Enright. He can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tribunal Support Branch
The Tribunal Support Branch:
- provides administrative support to the Members of the Commission
- undertakes specialist workplace relations and economic research for Commission Members
- manages large statutory reviews and complex cases
- performs analysis of enterprise agreements.
The Executive Director of the Tribunal Support Branch is Joelle Leggett. She can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.