The administrative arm of the Fair Work Commission is organised into 3 branches. Each branch is responsible for a different area of our operations.
Client Services Delivery Branch
The Client Services Delivery Branch is responsible for:
- managing our public counters, application processing and file preparation
- filing fees and refunds for unfair dismissal matters
- general enquiries
- processing and conciliation of dismissal applications
- processing and conciliation of bullying applications, and
- producing internal case management reports.
The Executive Director of the Client Services Delivery Branch is Ailsa Carruthers. She can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.
Enabling Services Branch
The Enabling Services Branch is responsible for the Commission's:
- media and communications
- governance reporting
- legal requirements
- information and communications technology, including maintaining our internal case management system
- human resources
- financial management, resources and payroll
- publication of legal documents, such as decisions and orders
- specialist workplace relations library, and
- recordkeeping obligations.
The Acting Senior Executive Director of the Enabling Services Branch is Murray Furlong. He can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tribunal Support Branch
The Tribunal Support Branch:
- provides administrative support to the Members of the Commission
- undertakes specialist workplace relations and economic research for Commission Members
- manages large statutory reviews and complex cases
- performs analysis of enterprise agreements.
The Acting Executive Director of the Tribunal Support Branch is Catherine Luby. She can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.