A union official or an employee of a union needs a permit to enter a premises. After the proposed permit holder completes training, apply for an entry permit using Form F42.
On this page:
Before you start
Have this information ready before you begin the application. You will need to give us:
- the permit holder's legal name and job title (or their office if they are an elected officer)
- the address we should send the permit to
- the previous permit number (if applicable) and whether you have returned it to us
- a declaration if the permit holder lost the previous permit or returned it late
- the name of the committee of management member making the application
- your name as the contact for the application (if different from the committee of management member)
- evidence that the permit holder has completed appropriate right of entry training.
Form F42 also contains 2 declarations, which you must lodge with the application:
- declaration by the member of the committee of management
- declaration by the proposed permit holder.
Who can use this form
Only use this form if you are:
- a member of the committee of management of a union or employee association AND
- applying for an entry permit for an official of that union or employee association.
What happens next?
You may also apply for a WHS entry permit at the same time as, or after, you apply for a Fair Work entry permit.
Rules and regulations for this form
Fair Work Act 2009: Section 512