For some applications, you must pay a fee when you apply. If you are in serious hardship, you can ask us to waive the fee.
You need to pay a fee when you ask us to deal with:
- unfair dismissal (Form F2)
- general protections involving dismissal (Form F8)
- general protections not involving dismissal (Form F8C)
- an unlawful termination dispute (Form F9)
- an order to stop bullying or sexual harassment (Form F72)
The fee for 2021-22 is $74.90. This changes on 1 July each year.
How to pay
You can pay by credit card over the telephone or when you apply online.
You can pay by credit card or cheque or money order when you apply by post or in person.
If you cannot pay
If you have serious financial hardship, you can ask us to waive the fee. Complete the waiver of application fee form and send it with your application.
We will refund your fee if you ask us to stop the case before we organise a conference or hearing.
Find out how to stop ('discontinue') a case.
For credit card payments, we refund the same credit card, usually within a week. We issue a bank cheque if you paid by cheque, or with an expired credit card, usually within 6 weeks.