See Fair Work Act s.449
Voting for a protected action ballot must be arranged and overseen by an authorised ballot agent. The ballot agent must ensure that the ballot is conducted efficiently and meets all of the requirements set by the Commission and the Fair Work Act and Regulations.
A protected action ballot must be conducted by:
- if a person is specified in the protected action ballot order as the protected action ballot agent for the ballot – that person, or
- the AEC.
The ballot agent must conduct the protected action ballot quickly and in accordance with the following:
- the protected action ballot order
- the timetable for the ballot
- sections 449–458 of the Fair Work Act
- any directions given by the Commission
- any procedures prescribed by the Fair Work Regulations.