The Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act 2009 requires organisations to notify certain changes in their circumstances to the Commission.
On this page:
The changes you must notify to us
You must notify us if any of the following change:
- the office holders in your organisation or branch
- the name, postal address or occupation of any office holder
- the name of a branch of the organisation
- the commencement or cessation of a branch
- the organisation's or branch's office address
- any other information that you submitted in your annual return (such as a change to whether an election must be held during the calendar year).
When you must notify us about changes
You must notify us within 35 days of the change.
Who can lodge a notification of change
A notification of change must be lodged by the secretary or another office holder authorised by the rules of the organisation. The notification must include a declaration signed by the office holder that the information is a correct statement of the changes made.
If an organisation is divided into branches or divisions, its rules will state who has the authority to lodge a notification of change. Depending on the rules, this will be:
- a national office holder or
- the relevant branch or division office holder.