Use Form F8B to notify us that you consent to arbitration in a general protections case. Both parties must sign this form before sending it to us. This shows you agree to the process.
On this page:
Before you start
Have this information ready before you begin Form F8B:
- the case (‘matter’) number from the general protections dismissal case
- the date the Commission issued a certificate after the conference
- details of any representative such as a lawyer, paid agent, union or employer association.
Who can use this form
Only use Form F8B if:
- you are a party in a general protections (with dismissal) case
- the Commission issued a certificate* no more than 14 days ago
- both parties agree to the Commission arbitrating the case
- the employee has not already applied to the court for this case.
Both the employee and the employer, or their representatives, must sign the form before the employee sends us the application.
Submit Form F8B within 14 calendar days after the Commission issued the certificate. If your application is late, answer question 1.3 to tell us the reason we should agree to extend the deadline. We may accept a late application.
Email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also send or deliver your application to the Commission office near you.
We store your information in line with our Privacy notice.
What happens next?
After you apply, we tell both parties the time, date and location for the conference or hearing.
The employee cannot apply to a federal court when they agree to arbitration.
Rules and regulations for this form
Fair Work Act 2009: Section 369(1)(b)