Each financial year the Commission reviews and sets minimum wages. The timetable for the Annual Wage Review 2019-20 is published here.
On this page:
Coronavirus (COVID-19) & the Annual Wage Review 2019–20
A statement on 14 October 2019 confirmed the following timetable for the Annual Wage Review 2019–20.
A statement on 12 March 2020 provided an update to the closing date for lodging submissions from 13 March 2020 to 20 March 2020.
Correspondence on 19 March 2020 further extended the closing date for lodging submissions to 4pm Friday 27 March 2020.
A statement on 23 March 2020 provided an update to the closing date for lodging reply submissions from 9 April 2020 to 23 April 2020, and that final consultations scheduled for May will not proceed.
A statement on 6 April 2020 revised the timetable further to:
- extend the date for the filing of reply submissions (from 23 April 2020 to 4 May 2020);
- provide an opportunity to file supplementary submissions by 29 May 2020;
- take into account the March quarter National Accounts data;
- provide parties with an opportunity to make submissions (and comment on submissions filed) in relation to the March quarter National Accounts data; and
- provide interested parties with an opportunity to make short oral submissions and to respond to Panel questions (at 2pm on 10 June 2020).
|10 April–13 April 2020||Easter Break|
|4pm, 4 May 2020||Closing date for lodging reply submissions and any submissions relating to data published after 27 March 2020 and responses to questions on notice|
|18 May 2020||Supplementary questions on notice published|
|4pm, 29 May 2020||Closing date for lodging supplementary submissions and any submissions relating to data or research published after 4 May 2020 and responses to supplementary questions on notice|
|4pm, 5 June 2020||Closing date for lodging submissions in relation to the National Accounts data for the March quarter 2020, responses to supplementary submissions and other data or research published after 29 May 2020|
|4pm, 9 June 2020||Reply submissions to submissions lodged on 5 June 2020|
|2pm, 10 June 2020||Consultations (via teleconference)|
Submissions to timetable variation
In a statement issued on 23 March 2020, the President invited parties to file a short submission setting out their response to the Ai Group proposal and other views that they have in relation to the timetable for the 2019–20 Review by 1 April 2020.
- Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PDF) – Submission re Timetable variation 1 April 2020
- Australian Industry Group (PDF) – Submission re Timetable variation 1 April 2020
- Australian Government (docx) – Submission re Timetable variation 1 April 2020
- Australian Council of Trade Unions (PDF) – Submission re Timetable variation 1 April 2020
- Master Grocers Australia (PDF) – Submission re Timetable variation 1 April 2020