You may not have to pay an application fee if you have serious hardship. Apply for a waiver using Form F80.
On this page:
Before you start
We ask for details of your personal and financial situation. Have this information ready before you begin. We need to know:
- your living situation and any children or dependents you care for
- how much you earn each week from wages, social security and investments (including rental property)
- financial assets, such as money you have in banks or financial institutions, or any lump sum* you received when your employment ended
- how much you spend each week on items including food, bills, rent or mortgage, household and medical bills
- any personal loans or money you owe on credit cards.
We do not give a copy of this form to the employer who is involved in your legal case.
The Fair Work Regulations give us the authority to decide if you have to pay the fee.
Who can use this form
Form F80 is a legal document. Fill out all sections of the form so we can assess your request. When you send us the form, you are declaring that the information is true and correct.
Only use this form if you are applying for one of the following:
- Unfair dismissal (Form F2)
- General protections involving dismissal (Form F8)
- General protections not involving dismissal (Form F8C)
- An unlawful termination dispute (Form F9)
- An order to stop bullying (Form F72)
What happens next?
We will assess your request quickly: usually no more than 3 days after you apply.
We may decide you do not have to pay if we are satisfied that:
- you are in serious hardship
- paying the fee would cause financial hardship.
If we refuse your request, you will need to pay the fee before we can assess your application.