To change the eligibility rules of an employer association, union or enterprise union, you need approval from the Commission. Use Form F68 to apply for consent.
On this page:
Before you start
Have this information ready before you begin. You will need to tell us:
- your organisation's contact details
- your representative's details (if you are using one)
- your organisation's current eligibility rules
- your organisation's rules at the time the change was made
- the proposed changes and the reason for them
- the expected outcome of the changes
- if any other organisations could represent the people who would become eligible for membership of your organisation, if the application was approved
- that the proposed changes do not affect an existing representation order (or an agreement or understanding) about any organisation's right to represent a particular class or group of employees.
You must also provide a declaration stating:
- that the change is in accordance with the organisation's existing rules
- the action taken under the rules to make the change
- that the facts in the application are true.
Who can use this form
Only use Form F68 if you:
- are an employer association, union or enterprise union, registered under the Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act 2009
- want the Commission to consent to a change of your organisation's eligibility rules.
What happens next?
We will publish a notice in the government Gazette about your application. People can object to the application within 35 days of publishing.
Rules and regulations for this form
Section 158 of the Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act 2009
Regulation 121 of the Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Regulations 2009