To change the eligibility rules of an employer association, union or enterprise union, you need approval from the Commission. Use Form F68 to apply for consent.
On this page:
Before you start
Have this information ready before you begin. You will need to tell us:
- your organisation's contact details
- your representative's details (if you are using one)
- your organisation's current eligibility rules
- your organisation's rules at the time the change was made
- the proposed changes and the reason for them
- the expected outcome of the changes
- if any other organisations could represent the people who would become eligible for membership of your organisation, if the application was approved
- that the proposed changes do not affect an existing representation order (or an agreement or understanding) about any organisation's right to represent a particular class or group of employees.
You must also provide a declaration stating:
- that the change is in accordance with the organisation's existing rules
- the action taken under the rules to make the change
- that the facts in the application are true.
Who can use this form
Only use Form F68 if you:
- are an employer association, union or enterprise union, registered under the Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act 2009
- want the Commission to consent to a change of your organisation's eligibility rules.
What happens next?
We will publish a notice in the government Gazette about your application. People can object to the application within 35 days of publishing.