For industrial action to be allowed, it must be covered by a protected action ballot. To apply for a protected action ballot order use Form F34.
On this page:
Before you start
Have this information ready before you begin. You will need to tell us:
- your details
- your organisation's details (if you are applying on behalf of an organisation)
- your representative's details, such as a lawyer or paid agent (if you are using one)
- the details of he employer(s) who will be covered by the proposed agreement
- the industry of the employer
- about any agreements that currently covers the employees
- which employees are to be balloted
- the ballot questions
- the date the vote is to close
- whether you want someone other than the Australian Electoral Commission to be the ballot agent
- the directions the Commission should give to the ballot agent.
Who can use this form
Use Form F34 if you are:
- a bargaining representative of an employee who will be covered by a proposed single-agreement
- two or more bargaining representatives acting together.
What happens next?
After we receive your application, we will contact you to explain the next steps in the process.