If your employer has dismissed you, and you believe it was unfair, you may be able to make a claim. Use Form F2. Check you are ready before you apply.
On this page:
Who can use this form
Only use this form if you:
- have been dismissed and believe it was unfair AND
- are eligible to make an unfair dismissal application.
Before you start
An application is the start of a legal process. When you lodge this form you will need to pay a fee.
Have this information ready before you begin this form. You may need to give us details including:
- how long you worked for your employer
- what type of employee you were (see Who the law protects from unfair dismissal)
- why you believe the dismissal was 'harsh, unjust or unreasonable' (see What is unfair dismissal?).
The application fee
You need to pay a fee when you apply. The fee for 2023-24 is $83.30 and changes on 1 July each year.
If you apply:
- online - you can either pay the lodgment fee or request to have it waived when you submit your online application
- by email or post - we will contact you about payment. We cannot process your application until you pay the fee
You may not have to pay a fee if this would cause serious financial hardship. Apply for a waiver using Form F80.
What happens next
After we receive your application and payment, we will:
- send a copy of the application to your employer
- organise a conciliation meeting to help you and your employer discuss the issues.
Learn more about the conciliation process: