Where you can, use the processes in your workplace to stop bullying or sexual harassment. If that's not possible, or it hasn't stopped the bullying or harassment, you can apply to us if the behaviour continues. Use Form F72.
On this page:
Before you start
Important: we will give a copy of your claim and any documents you send us to the employer and any people you name as engaging in bullying or sexual harassment. This is so they can respond. They will see your details and any personal information you send us. If you are not sure what to put in your application, or whether to give us any documents to support your claim, contact us.
Have this information ready before you begin. You will need to tell us:
- your contact details
- your representative's contact details (if you have a representative)
- details for your employer (or principal), including a contact person and their direct contact details
- the details of the person you believe is bullying or harassing you (the 'person named')
- the behaviour you believe is bullying or sexual harassment
- at least 2 examples of when the bullying behaviour happened
- how the behaviour creates a risk to your health and safety
- what you have already done about the behaviour
- if you have reported the behaviour to any other organisation
- if your manager has started performance management or disciplinary action
- what you think needs to happen (see How we can help stop workplace bullying or Sexual harassment at work to know the options).
Who can use this form
Only use Form F72 if you:
- are a worker in a constitutionally-covered business
- believe someone has bullied you more than once at work
- believe someone will continue to bully you at work
- believe that this bullying behaviour creates a risk to your health and safety.
How to pay the fee
You need to pay a fee when you apply. The fee for 2022-23 is $77.80 and changes on 1 July each year. If you apply online, you can pay using a credit card. If you email or post your application, we will contact you about payment.
We cannot process your application until you pay the fee.
You may not have to pay a fee if this would cause serious financial hardship. Apply for a waiver using Form F80.
What happens next?
Once we receive your application, a staff member will call you to discuss. The Commission will also give (serve) a copy of your application to:
- each ‘person named’ in the application as an alleged bully
- each employer (or principal) named in the application
- any lawyer or paid agent.