Where you can, use the processes in your workplace to stop bullying. If that's not possible, or it hasn't stopped the bullying, you can apply to us if the behaviour continues. Use Form F72.
On this page:
Who can use this form
Only use Form F72 if you:
- are a worker in a constitutionally-covered business
- believe someone has bullied you more than once at work
- believe someone will continue to bully you at work
- believe that this bullying behaviour creates a risk to your health and safety.
Before you start
Important: we will give a copy of your claim and any documents you send us to the employer or principal and any people you name as engaging in bullying. This is so they can respond. They will see your details and any personal information you send us. If you are not sure what to put in your application, or whether to give us any documents to support your claim, contact us.
Have this information ready before you begin. You will need to tell us:
your contact details
your representative's contact details (if you have a representative)
details for your employer or principal, including a contact person and their direct contact details
the details of the person you believe is bullying you (the person named)
the behaviour you believe is bullying
at least 2 examples of when the bullying behaviour happened
how the behaviour creates a risk to your health and safety
what you have already done about the behaviour (if anything)
if you have reported the behaviour to any other organisation
if your manager has started performance management or disciplinary action
- what you think needs to happen (see How we can help stop workplace bullying to know the options).
The application fee
You need to pay a fee when you apply. The fee for 2023-24 is $83.30 and changes on 1 July each year.
If you email or post your application, we will contact you about payment.
We cannot process your application until you pay the fee.
You may not have to pay a fee if this would cause serious financial hardship. Apply for a waiver using Form F80.
What happens next?
Once we receive your application, a staff member will call you to discuss. The Commission will also give (serve) a copy of your application to:
- each ‘person named’ in the application as an alleged bully
- each employer (or principal) named in the application
- any lawyer or paid agent.