Employers and their employees may agree to terminate an enterprise agreement. The agreement is in operation until it is replaced or we approve an application to terminate it. Use Form F24 to apply.
On this page:
Before you start
Have this information ready before you begin the application. You will need to give or tell us:
- your details
- your organisation's details (if applying on behalf of an organisation)
- your representative's details, such as a lawyer or paid agent (if you are using one)
- the name and type (single or multi-enterprise) of the agreement
- the date the termination was agreed to
- which employers, employees and unions the agreement covers.
Who can use this form
Use this form if:
- you are an employer, employee or union that is covered by the enterprise agreement, or are acting on their behalf AND
- the employer(s) and their employees have followed the correct process and agree to terminate the enterprise agreement AND
- you are applying to terminate the agreement under section 222 of the Fair Work Act 2009.
What happens next?
As soon as possible, you must also send (‘serve’) a copy of this application and declaration Form F24A to:
- each employer covered by the agreement
- each union covered by the agreement.
Rules and regulations for this form
Fair Work Act 2009: Section 222
Fair Work Commission Rules 2013: Rule 26(1) and Schedule 1