When people make or vary an agreement, they often make mistakes when they sign it. Understand how to sign an agreement.
People sign an agreement the right way when:
- The employer signs it AND
- At least 1 employee or employee representative signs it (not all employee representatives need to sign it) AND
- Each person who signs the agreement:
- prints their full name
- writes their full address, which can be their work address
- explains the authority they have, such as their role or position title.
See Regulation 2.06A of the Fair Work Regulations 2009.
Your application and any declarations also need the right signatures and contact details. Follow the instructions on those forms.