You must use the right version when you create the Notice of Employee Representational Rights for single-enterprise agreements. We have a tool to help you.
On this page:
You do not need to provide a NERR to your employees if:
- your notification time is on or after 6 June 2023 AND
- you are making a multi-enterprise agreement AND
- you inform them of their right to be represented with enough time and in a way that they have a reasonable opportunity to be represented in bargaining for the agreement.
The Statement of Principles on Genuine Agreement outlines what other requirements will apply to you.
1. Find the right version
Use our tool and answer a question about individual agreements to ensure you use the correct version of the notice.
The full version of the notice is in schedule 2.1 of the Fair Work Regulations 2009. If you use the full version, you must delete the paragraphs that are not relevant. It is easier if you use our tool.
Section 174(1A) of the Fair Work Act 2009 explains what the notice must contain.
Create and download the correct Notice of employee representational rights (NERR).
2. Insert details into the template
Once you have the correct version, use this as a template for your notice. You need to provide:
- the name of the employer
- the name of the proposed enterprise agreement
- which employees the agreement will cover.
3. Save a copy of the notice
Once you complete the template, save a copy of the notice so you can:
- distribute the NERR to employees within 14 days of the notification date
- submit it to us when you lodge your application for approval.