We will contact you if a person names you as the other party in a general protections application. You must respond within 7 days using Form F8A.
On this page:
Before you start
Have this information ready before you begin. You will need to give us:
- your contact details
- how many employees you have
- details of a legal representative or paid agent* (if you have one)
- details of any objection* you have to the application
- your response to the outcome the other person has asked for
- your response to what the other person says in their application
Who can use this form
Only use this form if you are the other person (or are responding for them) named in a:
- Form F8 – General protections application involving dismissal OR
- Form F8C – General protections application not involving dismissal AND
- we have contacted you to respond.
What happens next?
If the application involves dismissal, we hold a conference. In the conference, both sides discuss the application with help from a Commission staff member.
The result of the conference may be a settlement or an agreement. If the 2 sides cannot agree, a Commission Member will issue a certificate. The applicant can then choose to take the case to a federal court within 14 days of the date of the certificate.
If the general protections claim does not involve dismissal, we will ask if you agree to participate in a conference. Both sides must agree to take part. A Commission Member will hold the conference. If the parties don't reach an agreement, the applicant can then choose to take the case to a federal court.