In an unlawful termination case, the 2 sides take part in a conference to try and reach an agreement. If this does not work, one option is to ask the Commission to decide the case through arbitration. Both sides must agree to arbitration and lodge Form F9B.
On this page:
Who can use this form
Only use this form if you:
- have taken part in a conference at the Fair Work Commission about this case
- have a certificate from the Commission about the case
- are acting within 14 days of the date on the certificate (or give us a good reason for being late).
Before you start
Have this information ready before you begin the form. You will need to tell us:
- your details
- the Commission case (matter) number, which is in the material we sent you
- the names and contact details of the applicant (the employee) and the respondent (the employer)
- your representative's details, such as a lawyer or paid agent (if you are using one)
- the date the Commission issued your unlawful termination certificate.
Send the form no more than 14 days after we issue a certificate. If you are late, you need to explain why you missed the deadline and why we should give you more time.
What happens next
We will contact you to explain what happens after we receive your notification.
Rules and regulations for this form
Fair Work Act 2009: Section 777(1)(b)