Use this form to apply to resolve a dispute about fixed term contracts.
On this page:
Who can use this form
Use this form if:
- you are an employee
- you have a dispute with your employer about the operation of Division 5 of Part 2-9 of the Fair Work Act 2009 which places limitations on the use of fixed term contracts
- you have already tried to resolve the dispute by discussions with your employer, and
- you want us to help you and your employer to resolve the dispute.
If you and your employer agree that you want the Commission to arbitrate the dispute, also complete the Form F10DB – Notification of agreement to arbitration of a dispute about fixed term contracts.
If you are an employer wishing to make an application for us to deal with a dispute about a fixed term contract, please use Form F1 – General application form.
Before you start
Have this information ready before you begin this form. You will need to tell us:
- your contact details
- details of a legal representative or paid agent, if you have one
- your employer’s details, including a contact person
- details of your employment contract, including when you started working for them (if there are multiple contracts, the start and end dates of each contract)
- details about how you have tried to resolve the issue with your employer
- the outcome you want from this application.
You will also need to include:
- a copy of your employment contract(s), if you have one.
We store your information in line with the Form F10DA privacy notice (pdf).
What happens next
You must send (serve) a copy of your application and supporting documents to the respondent. Do this as soon as possible.
After we receive your form, we will contact you to let you know what you need to do next.
Your case will then be allocated to a Commission Member, who will decide how your case will proceed. They might decide to hold a conference or hearing, or may ask you for more information.
Rules and regulations for this form
Fair Work Act 2009: Section 333L