A union may apply to the Commission for an affected member certificate so that they do not need to provide the identity of a member of the union where an entry permit holder enters premises to investigate a suspected breach of workplace laws.
On this page:
Before you start
Have this information ready before you begin. You will need to tell us:
- your details
- your representative's details, such as a lawyer or paid agent (if you are using one)
- the details of the employer
- the premises to be entered
- the industry of the employer
- the names of and the work performed by the members to be covered by the certificate
- the details of the suspected breach of workplace laws.
Who can use this form
Use Form F45 if your union wishes to apply for an affected member certificate under section 520 of the Fair Work Act.
What happens next?
After we receive your application, we will contact you to explain the next steps in the process.
Rules and regulations for this form
Fair Work Act 2009: Section 520