An employer and employee may disagree about a request to change from casual to permanent employment. In some cases, you can ask us for help. Use Form F10A to apply for help with a casual conversion dispute.
On this page:
Before you start
Have this information ready before you begin. You will need to tell us:
- your details
- your organisation's details (if applying on behalf of an organisation)
- your representative's details, such as a lawyer or paid agent (if you are using one)
- the details of the person or business you have the dispute with (the 'respondent')
- what the dispute is about
- what you have done to try and resolve the dispute
- what result you would like from this application.
Who can use this form
Only use this form if you:
- are an employee or employer AND
- you have discussed the issue in the workplace but have not been able to reach an agreement AND
- you do not have any other dispute resolution procedures (for example in an employment contract, enterprise agreement or award or other written agreement).
Do not use this form if you are an independent contractor. You may be able to ask the Fair Work Ombudsman for help.
Email your completed form to email@example.com. If you have supporting documents, you should send them at the same time.
You can also send or deliver your documents to the Commission office near you.
What happens next?
You must send (‘serve’) a copy of your application and supporting documents to the respondent. Do this as soon as possible.
Rules and regulations for this form
Fair Work Act 2009: Section 66M