To avoid delays, follow the correct process when you submit an enterprise agreement. We see many common errors that you may be able to fix before you apply.
On this page:
Time for simple applications
After you apply for approval, if your application meets all our requirements, we aim to finalise:
- 50% of applications within 10 working days
- 95% of applications within 20 working days.
If no-one asks for a hearing, the Commission Member will decide whether or not to approve the agreement. In most cases, they won’t make a decision until at least 7 business days after the application was lodged. However, if the application is fully compliant they may approve it sooner.
Time for complex applications
Some applications are complex and take longer to process. The reasons may be:
- We ask the employer to write an undertaking to fix an error.
- The application is contested.
- Someone asks for a hearing.
For complex applications, we aim to finalise:
- 50% within 20 working days
- 95% within 45 working days.