Use Form F81 to apply to extend the default period for a zombie agreement.
On this page:
Who can use this form
Only use this form if you are applying to extend the default period for a zombie agreement and you are:
- an employer covered by the zombie agreement
- an employee covered by the zombie agreement, or
- an industrial association entitled to represent one or more employees covered by the zombie agreement.
Unauthorised contact about pre-2010 agreements
We are aware of some agents contacting people about pre-2010 (zombie) agreements. See Unauthorised contact about pre-2010 agreements for more information.
Before you start
Have this information ready before you begin the application. You will need to give or tell us:
- your details
- your organisation's details (if applying on behalf of an organisation)
- your representative's details, such as a lawyer or paid agent (if you are using one)
- the name and type of zombie agreement you want to extend the default period for and a copy of the zombie agreement
- the reasons why the Commission should extend the default period
- the date your zombie agreement is currently due to terminate, and
- information about any past extension applications that have been made for your zombie agreement.
Lodge this application form with a copy of your zombie agreement.
Email your documents to email@example.com. You can also send or deliver your documents to the Commission office near you.
What happens next
If the application relates to an individual zombie agreement — as soon as possible after you lodge the application, you must send a copy of your application to (serve) the other party covered by the agreement.
If the application relates to a collective zombie agreement — as soon as possible after you lodge the application, you must send a copy of your application to (serve):
- each employer covered by the agreement
- each industrial association entitled to represent employee(s) covered by the agreement
Rules and regulations for this form
Fair Work (Transitional Provisions and Consequential Amendments) Act 2009
- Item 20A of Schedule 3 (Automatic sunsetting of all remaining agreement-based transitional instruments)
- Item 26A of Schedule 3A (Automatic sunsetting of all remaining Division 2B State employment agreements)
- Item 30 of Schedule 7 (Automatic sunsetting of all remaining enterprise agreements made during the bridging period)