Use Form F4 if we have sent you an unfair dismissal application and you want to object. You can use this form for more than 1 employee if you dismissed them in the same circumstances.
On this page:
Before you start
Have this information ready before you begin. You will need to tell us:
- the name of the person who made the application
- the Commission case ('matter') number, which is in the material we sent you
- your company or organisation details
- your representative's details, such as a lawyer or paid agent (if you are using one)
- the reason ('grounds*') for your objection.
Who can use this form
Only use this form if you:
- are an employer and we have sent you a copy of an unfair dismissal application (Form F2)
- have reason ('grounds') to object.
Note: As an employer, you must complete Form F3 to respond to an application for unfair dismissal. If you have already given your objections using Form F3, you do not need to use Form F4.
What happens next?
You must send (‘serve’) a copy of your response to the worker who made the application.
We may contact you for evidence to support your objection. This could be in the form of:
- witness statements
- oral evidence given at a conference or hearing.