In some situations, you may apply to end a collective agreement-based transitional instrument (CABTI). Use Form F28 to apply to terminate the CABTI, either before or after its nominal expiry date.
On this page:
Before you start
Have this information ready before you begin. You will need to give us:
- your contact details
- your organisation's details (if applying on behalf of an organisation)
- your representative's details, such as a lawyer or paid agent (if you are using one)
- the name and code of the agreement
- the nominal expiry date of the agreement
- which employers, employees and unions the agreement covers.
You also need to fill out a declaration.
Note: If the agreement covers more than one union, provide all details for each organisation.
Sunsetting of pre-2010 agreements (‘zombie agreements’)
A pre-2010 agreement that continues to operate (a ‘zombie agreement’) will automatically terminate (or ‘sunset’) on 7 December 2023, unless before 7 December 2023 an application is made to the Commission to extend the default period for the agreement.
Who can use this form
Only use this form if:
- the agreement you want to terminate is a collective agreement-based transitional instrument
- the agreement covers you AND
- the employer(s) and employees have agreed to the termination OR the agreement's nominal expiry date has passed.
What happens next?
As soon as possible, you must also send (serve) a copy of this application and declaration to:
- each employer covered by the CABTI
- each union covered by the CABTI.