An employer or employee who is covered by an individual agreement-based transitional instrument (IABTI) can apply to terminate it. Use Form F29 to apply to terminate ITEAs, preserved individual State agreements, AWAs or pre-reform AWAs.
On this page:
Before you start
There are 3 different forms to apply, depending on who is applying. Check this is the right form for your situation.
Have this information ready before you begin the application. You will need to give or tell us:
- your contact details
- your organisation's details (if applying on behalf of an organisation)
- your representative's details, such as a lawyer or paid agent (if you are using one)
- details of the other party covered by the instrument
- the name of the transitional instrument and its nominated expiry date
- how you and/or the other party terminated the agreement or agreements.
If you are applying to terminate multiple instruments, you need to provide a copy of each termination agreement made with each party.
Sunsetting of pre-2010 agreements (‘zombie agreements’)
A pre-2010 agreement that continues to operate (a ‘zombie agreement’) will automatically terminate (or ‘sunset’) on 7 December 2023, unless before 7 December 2023 an application is made to the Commission to extend the default period for the agreement.
Who can use this form
Use this form only if you are:
- an employer covered by the instrument OR
- an employee covered by the instrument.
What happens next?
As soon as possible, you must also send (serve) a copy of this application and any supporting documents to the other party to the instrument.
If the application lists more than one agreement, the employer must not reveal the identity of any other persons mentioned when they serve a copy of the application.