The people and businesses ('parties') involved in cases usually pay their own costs. A Commission Member can award costs in some cases. Use Form F6 to apply for the other party to pay your costs.
On this page:
Before you start
Have this information ready before you begin. You will need to tell us:
- your details
- your organisation's details (if you are applying on behalf of an organisation)
- your representative's details, such as a lawyer or paid agent (if you are using one)
- the details of the person or business you are applying for costs against
- their legal representative's details (if they have one)
- the Commission case ('matter') number and details
- your reasons ('grounds') for applying for costs
- a detailed list of the costs you are asking for.
Who can use this form
Only use this form if you:
- were involved in a case before the Commission about:
- unfair dismissal
- general protections
- unlawful termination
- are asking for costs you had to pay because of the case
- are asking for costs from a lawyer or paid agent who was part of the case.
You must apply within 14 days of the Commission issuing a decision in your case.
Email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have supporting documents, you should send them at the same time.
You can also send or deliver your documents to the Commission office near you.
What happens next?
You must send (‘serve’) a copy of your application to the party you are asking for costs against.
Rules and regulations for this form
Fair Work Act 2009: