The people and businesses ('parties') involved in cases usually pay their own costs. A Commission Member can award costs in some cases. Use Form F6 to apply for the other party to pay your costs.
On this page:
Before you start
Have this information ready before you begin. You will need to tell us:
- your details
- your organisation's details (if you are applying on behalf of an organisation)
- your representative's details, such as a lawyer or paid agent (if you are using one)
- the details of the person or business you are applying for costs against
- their legal representative's details (if they have one)
- the Commission case ('matter') number and details
- your reasons ('grounds') for applying for costs
- a detailed list of the costs you are asking for.
Who can use this form
Only use this form if you:
- were involved in a case before the Commission about:
- unfair dismissal
- general protections
- unlawful termination
- are asking for costs you had to pay because of the case
- are asking for costs from a lawyer or paid agent who was part of the case.
You must apply within 14 days of the Commission issuing a decision in your case.
What happens next?
You must send (‘serve’) a copy of your application to the party you are asking for costs against.