Date of registration: 14 May 1908, originally as The Shop Assistants and Warehouse Employees' Federation of Australia.
The terms of offices for office positions across the organisation are mostly 4 years.
There are 7 branches within the organisation. The national office and the 7 branches are reporting units for the purposes of financial reporting.
The affairs of the organisation are managed by a National Council, which consists of National Office Bearers and Delegates from the branches.
The organisation is also governed by a National Executive, while the branches are governed either by a Branch Council, Branch Conference or Committee of Management.
The organisation and each of its branches have their own sets of rules by which they are governed.
The organisation currently holds an exemption from having its elections conducted by the Australian Electoral Commission, but only in respect of the National Executive members. None of the other branches have any election exemptions.
- Newcastle and Northern Branch current rules (Word)
- New South Wales Branch current rules (Word)
- Queensland Branch current rules (Word)
- South Australian Branch current rules (Word)
- Tasmania Branch current rules (Word)
- Victorian Branch current rules (Word)
- Western Australian Branch current rules (Word)