You may want documents, records or other information to help with your case. If you ask the person who has that information, and they refuse, we may order the other party to give them to you. You need to apply for an 'order to produce' using Form F52.
On this page:
Before you start
Have this information ready before you begin the application. You will need to tell us:
- your details
- your organisation's details (if applying on behalf of an organisation)
- the Commission case ('matter') number, which is in the material we sent you
- the documents you want
- why you want the documents and how it will help the Commission make a decision in the case.
You also need to fill out a draft order. Use the template that is attached to the form.
Who can use this form
Only use this form if you:
- are part of a case currently before the Commission
- want the Commission to order the other party to produce documents, records or other information to the Commission.
What happens next?
After you apply, you must send ('serve') a signed copy of the order to:
- the person who has to produce the documents, records or information to the Commission AND
- (unless we publish the order on our website) all other parties in the case.
Rules and regulations for this form
Fair Work Act 2009: Section 590(2)(c)
Fair Work Commission Rules 2013: Rule 54