A union may choose to be registered with the Commission. Use form F56 to apply to become a registered organisation of employees (union).
On this page:
What you need before you start
Have this information ready before you begin. You will need to answer questions in detail about your association and give us:
- contact details for your association
- operational details of your association
- how the association meets the criteria for registration.
Who can use this form?
Apply to register as a union (or employee association) by completing Form F56. Only use Form F56 if you have:
- at least 50 members who are employees
- members who are federal system employees.
You must also provide:
- a list of members, including their names and postal addresses
- a list of offices, and the names, postal addresses and occupations of all office holders
- the rules of the association
- a copy of a resolution supporting the registration
- a declaration signed by an authorised officer verifying the facts in the application.
What happens next?
We will publish a notice in the government Gazette about your application. People can lodge objections to your application within 35 days of publishing.
The rules that apply to this form
Regulation 21 of the Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Regulations 2009