Use Form F68A to get consent to change the eligibility rules of a federal counterpart of a state-registered association. The General Manager of the Commission must give permission to extend eligibility to state-registered members.
On this page:
Before you start
Have this information ready before you begin. You will need to tell us:
- your group's contact details
- your representative's details (if you are using one)
- the name of the state-registered association
- whether they are an employee or employer association
- which state or territory law governs the association
- the proposed changes
- the reason for the changes
- the expected outcome of the changes.
You must also provide a declaration stating:
- that the change is within the organisation's existing rules
- the action taken to make the change
- that you verify the facts in the application.
You must also provide a copy of the eligibility rules for both organisations and confirm in a declaration that:
- the changes do not extend eligibility beyond the association
- the changes will not apply outside the state or territory that registered the association
- that you have published the changes on your organisation's website.
Who can use this form
Only use Form F68A if you:
- are a federal counterpart of a state-registered association under the Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act 2009
- want the Commission to consent to a change of your organisation's eligibility rules to extend to state-registered members.
What happens next?
We will publish a notice in the government Gazette about your application. Associations can object to the application within 28 days of publishing.
If the application does not meet the requirements, we will contact you and tell you why.
Rules and regulations for this form
Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act 2009: Section 158A
Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Regulations 2009: Regulation 125B