If English is not your first language, we can help you find an interpreter. Phone the TIS service, for the cost of a local phone call.
How to ask for an interpreter
You may need an interpreter when:
- you want to ask us questions about a form or a process
- we have asked you to take part in a legal meeting, such as a mediation, conciliation or hearing.
Before you call, have any information or letters from the Commission with you.
- Call the TIS on 131 450.
- Tell the operator:
- your language
- our name (the Fair Work Commission)
- our phone number (1300 799 675)
- The TIS will connect you to us. We are open Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.
How to translate text online
Most modern browsers have built-in tools to help you translate text on websites.
The following information can help you with:
- Chrome: Change Chrome languages & translate webpages
- Microsoft Edge: Use Microsoft Translator in Microsoft Edge browser
- Safari on Mac: Translate a web page in Safari on Mac
There are also apps available to help you translate text on mobile devices. Go to your preferred app store and search "translate" to find out what's available for you.